About Me

Monday, June 13, 2011

Souvenirs

While researching the book, I met two fans of Rock Springs Park who have what I believe must be the most extensive collections of memorabilia of the now defunct amusement park once located in Chester, WV (See pages 125 and 126 of Images of America: Rock Springs Park). Their postcards and pictures were extremely valuable to me in completing my Images book, but I was most impressed with their collection of souvenir glasses, pins, and pottery. Based on their collections and the items which often come up for bid on Ebay, Rock Springs Park must have sold a unique variety of souvenirs over the years. Here is just a small representative sampling of them.

Darleen Daugherty (left) and Betsy Urie holding Rock Springs Park pennants in front of the souvenir stand circa 1969.


















No comments: